25. blog entry: One year, or 6 months?

Heyya,
today I'm going to write a bit about the advantages and disadvantages of a year abroad, or half a year?
First of all, I have chosen a year because obviously, your English is much better after one year, than after half a year. The other reason was that a lot of people told me that you start feeling like home after 6 months. If you have to leave after 2 Terms ( 6 months), it feels like being ripped out, and you might have the feeling that you haven't experienced everything.

But how was it for me? Was half a year enough?
Definitely NOT! Why?
Because my first half was so different, compared to how my second half is.
My life changed a lot in New Zealand after half a year. Why is that?

Probably the biggest change was that I changed host families. ( I may explain it to you in another entry why I changed families, and how my new family is.)
Another reason is that I live now in town because of my change, and everything is a bit easier to reach.
Also, a lot of my friends are back in their home country. Last year I had almost only internationals as friends, but this year my goal was to have more kiwi friends, and I reached my goal.
It was not easy, but now I only have a few international friends from last year, and I spend my school breaks with kiwis.
If it helps you, yes I definitely feel more like home the longer I stay here. You can build stronger and better relationships with the people you meet, and of course, you can discover more.

Anyways for me, it was in any case, the best decision I've ever made. If you have the opportunity, I can only recommend going for one year or longer.

xx
Lea
One of the places I'll miss when I'm back in Germany

Kommentare

popular blog posts

22. blog entry: My blog is now in English