23. blog entry: Highlight South Island 2

Heyya,
that's now already my second entry about my South Island trip and I think if you're interested in my whole trip you have to wait for another blog entry... Sorry :)

We had some time in Christchurch the next day. Christchurch is the largest city in the south Island. And because of the big earthquakes (2010-2011) they still have to rebuild this city.
Anyway after we had lunch we drove north to Kaikoura, where we went to a really nice beach...
We had a very relaxed evening afterwards... Hot pool, music and hangi (traditional Maori meal → cooking under the earth).

I woke up early the next morning to see the sunrise and it was worth it... It was really cold in the morning but we've seen the sun coming up behind the see and besides, we had snow covered mountains... After breakfast, some people went on a boat trip ( swimming with dolphins, whale watching etc.), and the rest of us went to a seal colony, including me. I think the people on the boat trip had a lot of fun just like us.
And what about the afternoon? We spent the rest of our day on the bus till we arrived in Motueka. For dinner, we had burgers- yum.


The next day was just amazing, we went to the Abel Tasman National Park, one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen, golden sand... After a little trek trip, Picnic and a swim we made our way back... on kayaks. And in the afternoon we learned a few things about the Maori culture, made a poi, learned a Haka and talked about New Zealand's history.


Uff the next morning was really hard for me... Breakfast at 6:00 am and I woke up at 5:55 am...
However, after a really quick breakfast, I continued sleeping on the tour bus.
But after 5h of driving/sleeping, we had to leave the bus for the Pancake Rocks, by the way, they're really nice and photogenic.
After I took way to many photos of those rocks we had to go back to our bus to make our way to Hokitika, where we visited a greenstone factory ( greenstone: special Maori Jadestone).
And no, our day wasn't over...
Afterwards, we had to drive to Franz Josef, where a limo drove us to a pizzeria and where we enjoyed our dinner. As if that wasn't enough, the limo drove us to the Glacier hot pools. After a long day, we all went to sleep happy. Some early, some later... :)

xo
Lea

 

Kommentare

popular blog posts

22. blog entry: My blog is now in English

25. blog entry: One year, or 6 months?